Monday, August 31, 2009

Alabama Haystacks

I am about to tell you the best secret of Alabama....Alabama Haystack.....yum, yum, yum!!!!
They are so good it will make you want to slap your mama....LOL(just a little southern humor). I remember growing up as a child and my mother teaching me how to make them. And I can't wait to teach the Bug. But for know I will share this recipe with you and I hope you pass it on too.

Alabama Haystacks:
1 bag of chow mien noodles(the crispy ones)
1 cup of creamy peanut butter
1 bag of butterscotch morsels

Place peanut butter and morsels in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for about 1 min. and stir. Keep heat a little at a time and stirring so you do not burn. Once melted stir in noodles. Once the noodles are covered get your cookie sheet and a large spoon and start placing you stacks (Haystacks). Don't forget to lick the spoon, this is very important! Once they are all placed put the cookie sheet in the frig for an hour or two or until hard. Once they are hard start eating!!!
Warning: You will never be able to eat just one!!!!!!! ;)

Let me know what you think. Have a good one!

No comments: