Monday, December 28, 2009

Handmade Vintage

This shop is just too cute not to take a look. Brown's Country Originals has such a unique feel to their pieces. I love to find cute one of a kind items for the seasons. If you are like me then this is the place to find that piece.


I asked Mike and Donna a few questions to get to know them better.


How did you get started?

We are a husband and wife artist team. I work with wood, chalkware, clay and papier mache. My wife works with dried, fresh and artificial flowers and hypertufa. These creative passions led us in 2008 to start Brown’s Country Originals. The name came from our one of kind work, living in the country and our last name.Besides the paper mache and chalkware we have a line of garden items my wife makes country/primitive hypertufa birdbaths, flower planters and flower pots. Hypertufa is a lite weight concrete. I make country/primitive wooden potting benches, planter and garden stakes.

What is your favorite creative thing to do?

Paper mache because it allows me to my creative powers.

How long have you been doing this?

about 20 years

What is something most people may not know about you?

I love to spend time with my wife and son fishing and camping.

2 comments: